Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Making a Book & Story Telling

First, we started this project by finding a Korean traditional story on the Internet. It was kind of hard, because I couldn’t find a story, which was simple and short, or translated in English. After I found a story called ‘Gold Axe Silver Axe’ I started to translate it from Korean into English. I had some help with my dictionary/translator. Next, I wrote the story in a word document, and printed it. I cut it and stuck it onto a big sheet of carton. After sticking the whole story, to make story come more alive, I drew some pictures on each page. I used oil pastels, color pencils, and crayons to draw. Drawing wasn’t that hard, but it was kind of boring, because I’m not skilled in drawing. The time when we were asked to tell a story to grade 1 students, I think it was really fun, exciting, and gave us more experience in storytelling. It was really helpful as it helped me to improve my talking skills. I think the most exciting step was the last step, to tell a story to the grade 1 students.

No comments:

Post a Comment